Important Health and Safety Information
All staff, faculty, students and guests ages 5 and up must show proof of their second vaccination by January 28th.
Boosters for all who are eligible are highly recommended.
Mask Protocols for ALL
Masks MUST be worn at all times when at LICSB. Your mask MUST cover your nose, mouth and chin. If your mask regularly falls down under your nose or requires constant adjusting, please use a different mask. We recommend packing extra masks.
You may lower your mask quickly to drink water, if necessary.
Important Reminder for ALL
If you are experiencing any cold, flu and/or COVID symptoms, please do not come to LICSB. If you have symptoms, you must get tested before returning to LICSB.
The Long Island City School of Ballet is committed to creating and maintaining a safe environment for our students, faculty, staff and families. Following are new protocols for entering our studios. While there are no guarantees, we have researched these guidelines according to the Center for Disease Control and the NYS Department of Health.
COVID-19 vaccinations are required for everyone 5 years of age or above entering the LICSB studios and common areas. This includes students, faculty and staff, parents, caregivers, renters and visitors.
Students, Parents & Caregivers over age 12: Please provide proof of vaccination on or before September 13, 2021, by emailing email@example.com with the subject line *your name*/ VACCINE and uploading a PDF or JPEG image of your vaccination card.
PreDance, PreBallet and Basic Ballet Students
- PreBallet and Basic Ballet Students may be accompanied by one adult with proof of vaccination on file.
- No siblings or other additional guests will be allowed in the building without prior permission.
- All students and guardians must health screen before entering the building.
- Any student or guardian feeling ill MUST stay home.
- The decision to allow a student into the studio rests solely on the LICSB staff.
- Students and guardians must wear masks at all times. Masks must cover the mouth and nose at all times. Bandanas and masks with vents are not adequate protection and will not be allowed in the studios.
- Students should arrive no more than 10 minutes before class, with their dance clothes on under their street clothes and wearing a mask.
- Dressing rooms are not available and changing is NOT PERMITTED in the building’s shared bathrooms. Do not wear ballet shoes outside the studio. Remove street shoes as you enter the studio from the hallway.
- Students will line up on socially distanced spots prior to entering the studio, and will return to the same spot after class for dismissal.
- Guardians MUST be on premises throughout the class.
- No guardians are permitted in the studio except for emergencies.
- There is no congregating in the hallway. Socially distanced chairs will be placed for waiting.
- When the door is open for ventilation, please do not congregate near the door in order to preserve social distance and to maintain students’ focus on the Instructor.
- Inside the studio, students will learn about their socially distanced area for dancing.. Students who are unable to maintain social distance may be asked to leave the class.
IN THE STUDIO
- When entering the studio students should go to their marked area. Social distancing must be maintained.
- Masks must be worn for the entire class.
- Please make sure students use the restroom before class.
- Students should bring their own hand sanitizer for after class
- Students must be committed to maintaining six feet of social distancing at all times while at the LICSB studios.
- After class students and guardians should gather their belongings and leave the building maintaining 6ft social distancing at all times.
- Students and guardians must leave the building within 10 minutes of the class ending.
Failure to follow the LICSB protocols may be cause for dismissal from the program. Tuition is non refundable.